Tuesday, May 4, 2021

STAR WARS at Junta Juleil

In honor of May the 4th, I thought I'd assemble a roundup of STAR WARS-related posts here at Junta Juleil:

There was the time I explored the font on Shelley Winters' name in CLEOPATRA JONES, and whether it inspired the STAR WARS main title:

There were the supporting casts of TWILIGHT'S LAST GLEAMING and FIREFOX, which seem purposefully culled from the George Lucas Industrial Complex:

There was my theory that Bea Arthur's character in MAME ultimately became her character from the STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL, and that J.J. Abrams' love of CON AIR influenced the sequel trilogy:

I once expounded at length on STAR WARS' influence on SUBURBAN COMMANDO, and SUBURBAN COMMANDO's potential influence on the prequel trilogy:

There was the time I went down the rabbit hole, twice, on the animated DROIDS series, and discovered perversity, hilarity, and a breakdancing R2-D2:

And finally there was my literary analysis of the paperback sequel SPLINTER OF THE MIND'S EYE, the only STAR WARS media where Luke is called "Saberman" and Darth Vader taunts Princess Leia by saying, "Come, girl-woman... amuse me." (shiver)

May the 4th be with you!

No comments: