Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Get Well Soon, John Carpenter

I've received word that John Carpenter collapsed in Orlando on Saturday due to flu-related exhaustion, but that he's now back on his feet. Obviously, I feel invested in John Carpenter's well-being, but I don't think I realized how invested until I heard this news. All that I can say is get well soon, Carpy: you've given the world some of the finest two-fisted cinema, some of the most spine-tingling horror, and some of the most rockin', catchy, and eerie music ever written. THE THING launched a million morbid daydreams, BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA's been the highlight of countless lazy Saturdays, and who knows– maybe THEY LIVE will one day actually beget social change. Regardless, I know that there's many more chapters to be written in the life of John Carpenter- more films, more Coupe de Villes albums, more Kurt Russell extravaganzas. So get well, and stay well, Carpy- we're pullin' for you!

4 comments:

Jason said...

Oh no!!! But count me in as well as pulling for JC- fingers crossed.

Tempest said...

Me too!

Unknown said...

I think he heard about the news of the THEY LIVE remake and how they weren't going to use the glasses bit and it was too much for him!

Sean Gill said...

Oh, sweet God, don't get me started on the THEY LIVE remake. Haven't heard any updates on Carpy, so I have to assume here that no news is good news.