Sunday, October 31, 2010

HAPPY HALLOWEEN from Junta Juleil


As you all know, Halloween never really stops on this site, and there'll be plenty of new horror film reviews in the weeks to come, including a PHANTASM retrospective, a few William Castles, and, naturally, some Ironside-related content. In the meantime– enjoy a few of my favorite Halloween articles from the archives– Happy Halloween!

FREDDY'S GREATEST HITS PART 1 AND 2
VAMPIRE'S SECRET ICE POPS
MY BEST FRIEND IS A VAMPIRE
DR. JEKYLL AND MS. HYDE
THE WORST WITCH
CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE: YOU ARE A MONSTER
THE CHANGELING
FRANKENHOOKER
HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH
THE LETTER PEOPLE: MEET MR. G
THE NEW YORK RIPPER
TALES FROM THE CRYPT: CUTTING CARDS
THE FACULTY
HELLO MARY LOU: PROM NIGHT 2
THE THING

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow, I'm really looking forward to that PHANTASM retrospective! Can't wait to see what yer thoughts are on Part 2 - my fave of the franchise.

GuyR said...

Happy Halloween too!
Well I had a Phantasm marathon just recently, so I'll be awaiting your retrospective too!
I guess I prefer the first one, although it's like Alien or Terminator : you like different ones for different reasons.
As for Phantasm 2, I guess it's all about the quadruple-barreled shotgunning of midgets from another dimension.

Unknown said...

"As for Phantasm 2, I guess it's all about the quadruple-barreled shotgunning of midgets from another dimension."

YES! Best part of the film...

Sean Gill said...

J.D. & GuyR,

I've been meaning to write on the PHANTASMs for a while now, and finally am gettin' to it.  I love PHANTASM II, as well- the TERMINATOR and ALIEN parallels are well-founded- and the quadruple shotgun moment certainly belongs in some kind of 'showdown hall of fame,' perhaps next to Indiana Jones shooting the Swordsman in RAIDERS. (Plus, there's the LeGros factor to contend with, too.) Annnnyway- hope everyone had a solid Halloween!