Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Only now does it occur to me... MOTEL HELL

Only now does it occur to me...  that John Ratzenberger (a.k.a. "Cliff Clavin" from CHEERS) was once in a quasi-folk-punk band called "Ivan and the Terribles."

Ratzenberger's on the far right, madly air-drumming.

(Alas, this wasn't in real life, but instead only in a very, very brief sequence in MOTEL HELL, a fairly creative hillbilly horror flick that fuses together tropes from PSYCHO, TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE, and, oddly enough, DAWN OF THE DEAD.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's amazing, and it brings up a great question: Is there any Cheers/horror crossover that ISN'T a rollicking fun time out? I mean House, Creepshow, that one episode of Masters of Horror in which George Wendt dissolves people...it seems like it works every time!

Sean Gill said...

Mike,

You make a good point about the intersection of CHEERS and horror– I thought FAMILY was one of the best MASTERS OF HORROR eps, and I'm always down for the HOUSE movies. I sorta put THE FACULTY (Bebe Neuwirth) in the pantheon, too. And hell, Tom Skerritt was on for like a season, so ALIEN might be fair game, too!